Producers of high quality flux, crucibles, cupels, certified gold reference standards and custom designed laboratory equipment for fire assay.
Western Refractories has been producing fire assay consumables since 1997.Triple tested fluxes, multi trip crucibles, cupels and ISO Guide 35 certified gold standards.
Western Refractories supply fire assay cupels (also referred to as magnesia cupels) in the following sizes:
Other sizes of assay cupel are available to order, see the following table for details.
Western Refractories cupels have been independently tested by a leading fire assay laboratory and found to be equal in quality and performance to the market leading brand.
Some of the features of our fire assay cupels are listed below:
- Not affected by atmospheric changes
- Robust Mechanical Strength
- Rapid absorption of large quantity of litharge
- All Cupels can absorb approximately 70% of their weight in ‘gms’
- Thoroughly tested
- Free from Cracking and Pitting
- No Spitting of Lead
- Consistently low losses
- Our cupels are made of high grade Magnesium Oxide and other special binding materials
- Reduced tendency to freeze
Cupels are packed in multi-ply cardboard cartons. The layers and packing matrix enables easy removal of cupels. The cartons are easy to handle and store.
|Size||Nos Per Carton||Carton Length (cm)||Carton Breadth (cm)||Carton Height (cm)||Gross Weight (kg)|
For more information on Western Refractories assay products, please click here to contact us.